Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Farmhouse Strawberry Pie

Easter has come and gone, but I have been asked for this delicious Farmhouse Strawberry Pie recipe more than a few times. My current work in progress, To Catch a Hummingbird will have this recipe featured within it's pages, along with my sixty year old Granny's Chocolate Pie recipe. With strawberries blooming all around me, I thought now was the best time to share this with all of you.
1- 9 inch pie shell, cooked. (Unless you prefer homemade, then have at it.)
1 pint fresh Strawberries               pie
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 box strawberry gelatin
In cooled pie shell slice fresh berries and spread out evenly.
In medium pan mix remaining ingredients and whisk to a boil. 10 minutes boiling.
Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool (Don't worry it will still be pourable) Whisk occasionally to keep good texture. Then pour over strawberries and chill for an hour. Add whipped cream as a topping or dive right in.








2 comments:

Strawberry Jam

There's nothing like the taste of a warm fresh picked berry straight out of the garden. I gave up raising strawberries the year w...